Spike! Journal Issue 14
This journal covers the history, rules, and rosters of the Norse team. Alongside tales of booze, bone-breaking tackles, and a few incidents of accidentally freezing to death, you'll find the fantastic fun and essential commentary you've come to expect from Spike! Journal. As such, this magazine is the perfect companion for any cold-loving coach.
- As Cold as Ice: background on the origins of Norscan teams in Blood Bowl and how they play on the pitch. Includes information on their team positions, star players, and a team roster.
- Famous Norse Teams: descriptions and background on some of the more famous Norse teams, including the Arctic Cragspiders, Vynheim Valkyries, New Fjord Jötnar, and the Skjårlsberg Icicles.
- Norsca Rampagers Team Spotlight: an in-depth article focusing on the Norsca Rampagers, one of the most famous and successful Norse teams ever to grace the Blood Bowl pitch. Includes details of their history, team profile and colours, honours, Spike! team rating, as well as the roster of their famous 2497-2498 squad, and loads more.
- Star Player – Ivar Eriksson: a profile on the renowned Blitzer known as 'The War Raider', the famed Norsca Rampagers player who signed with the team at the tender age of 16. Since first being given the opportunity to play, Ivar captured the heart of the crowd, eventually becoming Captain after a mid-match brawl with his predecessor.
- Dirt from the Dugout: this time Mindy Piewhistle delves into the accusations that the up-and-coming Berserker, Bjor Hakonsson, may not be the champion drinker he claims.
- Star Player – Skrorg Snowpelt: a profile on the famous Yhetee, Skrorg. After butchering most of his teammates, he was swiftly sacked and sent to Rockbeard's Rage Rehab, but emerged a changed beast! His improved attitude has made Skrorg a huge fan favourite, as a furry showman who plays to the crowd.
- Northern Leagues: brand new rules and advice for running Northern Leagues – a variant on the standard Blood Bowl league season, allowing players to compete in the Icebowl – open to all teams with the usual budget of 1,000,000 gold pieces – for the coveted Icebowl Chalice. Also includes a unique Harsh Tundra Weather Table and a Norsca Kick-off Table, both of which you can use by rolling 2D6.
- Coffin Corner: Spike! Journal's obituaries column commemorating those players who are no longer with us, whether trampled on the pitch, torn apart, or possibly eaten.
- Frozen Lake Blood Bowl Pitch: includes rules for using the Frozen Lake Blood Bowl Pitch in your games, including special rules for Frozen Surface and Fragmented Surface. These rules are also included with the Norse Team – Double-sided Pitch and Dugouts Set.
- Chat with the Rat: ace Skaven reporter Hackspit ‘the Scribbler’ Quillchewer meets with Fjörgskeg Raiders head coach Jarl Stelken Mikaelsson to talk about their claims of being the most decorated Norse team in history, and how they built up their impressive trophy collection.
- Norse Balls: includes background and rules for 2 unique Norse Balls – the Hammer of Legend Ball and the Runestone Ball.
- The Norscan Way: a detailed introduction to coaching Norse teams. Includes an overview of the strengths of their team, positions, tactics, and more.
- Star Player – Thorsson Stoutmead: a profile on the beer-barrel-bowling bombardier, detailing how Thorsson first decided to use a barrel as a weapon, his drinking problem, and the book he published.
- Dungeon Bowl Update: Norse Teams: provides a narrative and rules update for players to use their Norse Team miniatures in games of Dungeon Bowl.
- Mighty Blow! – Free Beer: a look back on some of the tall tales from the career of Bob Bifford. Includes a comic strip in which Bob Bifford reminisces about the Norscans.
REFUND AND RETURNS POLICY
What if I change my mind?
We understand that customers will occasionally change their mind upon receiving their order, we are still able to organise a return of the items in order to process a refund for you as long as the following conditions are met:
- The returned item(s) must be sealed and in brand new condition;
- There must be proof of purchase(eg. receipt or order number);
- Any return postage and initial postage will be covered by the buyer.
- The return or refund request is within 30 daysof the product being collected in store or dispatched from our warehouse for completed orders; and
- The item is not a TCG or Trading Card Game item.
All change of mind refunds will be inspected to be meeting the above terms and require approval by Games Portal before a refund can be initiated.
Any returns found to have been opened, used or damaged will not be eligible for refund or exchange, and will be held until the customer returns to collect the product or pays the following additional fees to have the item reshipped:
- An additional shipping fee is paid (Standard $10 normal shipping or express shipping to be calculated by order weight); and
- A standard $10 processing and handling fee.
If return postage and handling fees are not paid by the customer within 30 days of being received by Games Portal, the product will be considered abandoned and we will dispose of it.
Items can be returned to Games Portal either:
- In person to our Store; at 1/160-162 Maroondah Hwy Ringwood VIC 3134; or
- By post to our return postal address (Games portal PO Box 4203 Burwood Easy Victoria) after providing us with the tracking number. Please note that any return postage must be covered at the customer’s expense.
As soon as we receive the item(s), the refund can be initiated to the payment details used to make the initial order.
Any refunds will be processed via the original form of payment:
- Credit Card: Your refund will be credited into a bank account designated by you. Please note funds make take a few business days to clear after refund confirmation.
- Cash Payment: If your original payment was made in cash and your items are returned in store to Games Portal we will refund your payment in cash.
Refund Process Time.
Returns generally take 2-5 business days to reach our warehouse.
Once received, your return request will be processed within 1-3 business days.
For refunds, please note that your financial institution may need an extra 3-5 business days to clear the funds back into your account.
If your return falls outside of these times and are seeking an update on your refund process please contact our customer support team at support@GamesPortal.com.au
If you received an item you didn't order.
We always strive to make sure our processes are as fast and accurate as possible but if you have received an item different to the one you ordered, please contact our customer service team at Support@GamesPortal.com.au who will work with you to resolve the problem as quickly as possible.
If your item is faulty.
At Games Portal we want every gaming experience to be perfect for our customers but unfortunately there are rare cases where an item, due to a manufacturing error, is discovered as faulty.
This can include cases of:
- Broken game pieces.
- Missing game pieces.
- And other similar occurrences that are assessed by Games Portal on a case by case basis.
If you have received an item with a defect, please contact our customer service team at Support@GamesPortal.com.au within 60 days of your purchase date.
They will guide you through the returns process and help resolve the problem as quickly as possible.
All claims of faulty items must be accompanied with a proof of purchase.
Where you believe an item is faulty, it may be necessary for us to send your goods to the manufacturer or their service agent for it to be assessed within a reasonable period of time.
We also request that you take a photo showing the defect/fault to speed up the process as we may need to contact the manufacturer to ensure you receive the correct replacement part.
If it is determined by our customer service team that there is indeed a major fault with the item you will be entitled to one of the following remedies:
- A full refund of the purchase price paid for the item to be refunded to the original payment method.
- A complete replacement of the faulty product.
- A replacement of the faulty part.
If a replacement of the product or part is chosen all postage to deliver the item will be covered by Games Portal.
Instances that Games Portal does not consider as a fault or defect:
- Products that include a random assortment of potential items not including a specific item or card subject to a random draw such as Trading Card Game Boosters, Trading Card Game Booster Boxes.
*This policy was updated 29/03/2020